Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

I can't believe my little Payton started kindergarten today. He was just a little nervous about a new school and making new friends, but really excited for new school clothes and a new back pack! He has afternoon kindergarten so all morning he kept asking how much longer he could play until school started.
Finally, the time came to leave for school and he was so excited!
Big "cheese"

Payton & Cole had lots of fun playing on the kindergarten playground. Cole thought he was such a big boy going to school too!
Then it was time to go inside for class to start. Payton was pretty worried that I was leaving him and started to get a couple tears in his eyes. Cole could tell Payton was upset and started crying. I gave Payton a hug and told him not to worry, have fun! I carried Cole out the door while he was crying and saying, "P-Dawg, home,

P-Dawg..." He cried the entire way home and didn't stop until he called Daddy at work.

First day jitters are never fun. He's got the best teacher and has an awesome year ahead of him!

7 comments:

a.t.a said...

Oh did you just cry? I would have! I'm glad Payton had such a great first day of school!

Allison said...

So Fun! I remember when my Cole went to kindergarten. I could not decide if I wanted to cry or shout for joy. Way to go, I am glad you made it through OK.

30somethingmama said...

I can't believe Payton is old enough for kindergarten either. I still get teary taking Allie to her first day of school. Thankfully she loves it. I'm glad Payton got a great teacher! It makes me sad that summer is almost over! I feel like it flew by so fast.

Unknown said...

Such great pictures. I wish I had some of me on my first day of school.
Glad to hear you did so well. It's hard for mom's. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Jen said...

Oh fun!! I cannot believe he is old enough to go to kindergarten! Fun for him and you!

Kristen said...

tag your it!!!! see my blog I am glad PAyton had a good day at school

April said...

Wow Kindergarten, did you cry or jump up and down and rejoice? I can't believe he's so big.